The last month before the start of the new year, is always a busy one. Especially this year, as the NEWTs (Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Tests had to be taken). I, of course, knew that the NEWTs would be right before the start of the new school year and it would be extremely busy, but I tried my hardest to pass the necessary exams, to become my preferred profession after graduating Hogwarts.
Long before I got my Hogwarts Acceptance Letter, I knew that I wanted to become a Herbologist. I’ve studied long and hard to get where I needed to be, but life happened and unfortunately, I haven’t been able to pass all the exams needed for this career path.
Which Exams did I partake in?
- History of Magic
- Muggle Studies
Which Books Did I Read?
- Harry Potter: A Journey Through Charms and Defence Against the Dark Arts – J.K. Rowling | Charms (A)
- Harry Potter: A Journey Through Potions and Herbology – J.K. Rowling | Charms (E)
- Wundersmith: The Calling of Morrigan Crow – Jessica Townsend | Charms (O)
- Sorcery of Thorns – Margaret Rogerson | Herbology (A)
- Ink – Alice Broadway | History of Magic (A)
- The Land of Roar – Jenny McLachlan | History of Magic (E)
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe – Benjamin Alire Sáenz | Muggle Studies (A)
- The Friend Zone – Abby Jimenez | Herbology (E)
- Mr Mercedes – Stephen King | Potions (A)
- Harry Potter: A Journey Through Divination and Astronomy – J.K. Rowling | Muggle Studies (E)
I’ve thought about my future long and hard, and I have decided that stressing about this, isn’t worth it. I changed my profession and opted to become a Journalist/Writer instead. I’ve managed to pass the exams for this career (plus a few more for good karma)!
In order to become a Journalist, I had to get an Acceptable in Herbology & Muggle Studies and also get an Exceeds Expectations in History of Magic, so that’s what I did in August. And even though my month was crazy busy (with moving abroad and all), I still managed to read a total of 10 books. I didn’t expect that to happen at all!
Doing 2 readathons back to back in 2 months, might not have been the best option if I’m totally being honest. September (and possibly October), will be quiet months for me. I will still be reading, but I’m going to try and get a dent in my personal TBR first, before joining any new Readathons (I’ve bought quite a few books in the past months, and I still need to read them all).